Saudi Arabia eVisa – Key Takeaways
- Saudi Arabia eVisa is an electronic travel authorization that makes it possible to stay in Saudi for a total of 90 days
- Saudi eVisa stays valid for one year from the day it’s been issued
- The electronic visa for Saudi Arabia is issued in the form of a multiple-entry permit, which allows for numerous visits to Saudi
- Submitted eVisa application processes within a maximum of 72 hours during business days
- The approved authorization may be used for all leisure-related reasons, such as to go on vacation or visit one’s friends and family
What is the Saudi Arabia eVisa
In 2019, the Government of Saudi Arabia implemented a new, improved visa system switching to online applications.
Saudi Arabia eVisa is a multiple-entry travel authorization issued upon completing a simple online application process. The processed document stays valid for one whole year and allows its holders to stay in Saudi for a total of 90 days (three months).
The total stay can be completed either via one three-month-long visit or via numerous shorter trips, of which the total length comes up to 90 days.
Travellers planning a trip to Saudi Arabia that wish to apply for an electronic visa will only need a valid passport and an applicant’s face photo to complete the process.
Who can submit an application
Travellers holding a valid passport from one of the following countries are eligible to apply for the Saudi Arabia eVisa online:
- The Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- San Marino
- South Korea
- The United Kingdom
- The United States
What do I need to apply online
To apply for a Saudi Arabia eVisa online, you’ll need:
- an active email address
- a passport with a minimum validity of six months from the planned date of entering Saudi
- a photo of the applicant’s face
- an internet connection
The photo of the applicant’s face can be easily taken using a phone or a PC camera. The main requirement concerning the photos taken is for them to be clear, not blurry, not over-exposed, and to present the applicant’s whole face with no coverings, such as glasses or hats.
Moreover, your passport besides having an appropriate validity period must show proof that you have a nationality of one of the Saudi eVisa eligible countries.
How to apply for the Saudi Arabia eVisa
To apply for the Saudi Arabia eVisa, eligible travellers should grab their valid passports and follow these steps:
- Complete the online application form – fill out the online application form with the required data, providing your personal and contact information, details of your planned trip to Saudi, passport number, and more
- Cover the service fee – once the application form has been completed, cover the service fee using any preferred method of online payment
- Wait for approval – submit your application and wait for it to be approved
The processing of your application may take up to 72 business hours and once your Saudi eVisa gets successfully approved, the needed document will reach your email inbox in the form of a PDF file.
To avoid delays or elongating the whole process, travellers from the eligible countries should avoid making mistakes when providing the required data and check the completed application form thoroughly before submitting it for approval.
What can I do with an approved Saudi eVisa
Once your Saudi eVisa has been approved, you can visit Saudi for a total of 90 days. Your eVisa Saudi Arabia is a tourist visa and stays valid for one year from the date of its issuing.
Travellers from the eligible countries can visit Saudi with an electronic tourist visa to:
- go on vacation
- visit their friends and family
- explore the tourist attractions in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Please note that the electronic tourist visa for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia allows for numerous trips to the country, but a total stay allowed within its one-year validity period is 90 days, either via one longer visit or through numerous shorter trips taken.